Click on the categories below to see the Award Criteria
This award is open to any green community project that has demonstrated success in the protection and or conservation of the environment.
The judges are looking for community projects of any scale and are especially interested in….
- Improvement to community spaces, where the project can show a positive impact on the environment.
- What were the educational and awareness outcomes?
- What innovations or technology did the project embrace to enhance its outcomes?
- How did the project engage with the local community?
Nominations can be for a group or an individual
This award celebrates green projects that have demonstrated success in the protection and or conservation of the environment and who deliver a family message to increase the reach of the project.
The judges are looking for projects of any scale and are especially interested in….
- Pupil participation and enthusiasm
- Creative approaches to environmental issues
- Positive improvements to the school
- On-going impact and future plans
- Educational and awareness outcomes
Nominations are welcome from all primary, junior and secondary schools.
This award is open to individuals or teams who can demonstrate sporting success within their field.
The judges are looking for individuals, teams, sport clubs who have their origins in the Telford area, although sporting success may have taken them away from the area. They are especially interested to hear about the endeavor and challenges involved in achieving the success and the story behind the results how they may have overcome barriers or personal challenge to achieved excellence.
This award aims to recognise a group or individual who are improving the lives of local people new to activity, through the activity they are involved with.
The judges are especially interested in….
- Any innovative methods used to encourage engagement
- Evidence and results of a positive impact to both the physical and mental wellbeing of the participants
- Examples of how lives have been improved and the benefits of participation.
Nominations are invited from community groups who can demonstrate how they support the lives of their participants especially for under-represented groups or people with specific needs or issues.
The judges are especially interested in ….
- How the group works to overcome challenges and barriers
- How they approach social or emotional issues
- How they encourage engagement
Is your business involved in its local community? Perhaps you are working to make the local area smarter, safer, healthier or more sustainable?
The judges are looking for the best business that can demonstrate….
- Social responsibility is key to your company and your employees
- Details of activities or initiatives that you have been involved in delivering?
- What challenges stood in the way of your success, and how did you overcome them?
Nominations are encouraged from all sizes of local businesses.
This award is open to the individuals who can demonstrate outstanding educational success and progress made in developing their skills and or learning in the past year. This could be vocational or academic achievement
The judges are looking for an individual, a past or current student who has their origins in the Telford area, although their success may have taken them away from the area. They are especially interested to hear about the inspirational qualities of this person, what or who influenced their endeavor and what challenges they have overcome in achieving their success.
This award will go to an individual or group who regularly puts others before themselves and are generous with their time to support an individual or group. Some people dedicate a significant proportion of their lives to helping others, receiving no financial reward. This is their chance to be recognised.
This award will be judged in three separate categories. A winner of each category will be announced and an overall Outstanding Volunteer winner will be then selected from these 3 groups.
Groups Under 18 Adult
This award is for the person who makes or who has made a real difference but rarely gets recognition. They might be found in any role or sphere of local life. They might be a Carer, Volunteer or Relative.
The judges want you to tell us about what makes them special and what difference they make to the lives of those they support. This person is probably selfless, is dedicated, gives of themselves either regularly or perhaps there has been one heroic act.
All nominees should live in the Telford area. This award is open to all ages.
Nominees details may be shared with the public via Free Radio and the public will vote for the ultimate winner from the shortlisted nominees.
This award is for someone who has proved to be an asset to their immediate neighbourhood or to their neighbours. This may be through good deeds done on a regular basis, or it may be just someone who brightens a neighbour’s day.
The judges are especially interested to hear their story, hear about the difference they make on their neighbours lives and exactly what they do as a good neighbour.
Nominees should live in the Telford area. This award is open to all ages.